Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tornado, Severe Storms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Posh
Posh

Number of posts : 496
Coins :
Tornado, Severe Storms Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Tornado, Severe Storms Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-07

Tornado, Severe Storms Empty
PostSubject: Tornado, Severe Storms   Tornado, Severe Storms Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Well, yesterday was my last day of school and it was supposed to be a happy day. I spent the whole afternoon dinking around until we had to get ready for my sister's orchestra concert until the weather changed entirely. It was all so sudden, the sky became dark, it started to rain really hard, lighting and thunder (which was so strong that it shook our entire house). This all occured about 2:00 in the afternoon. Next thing we know...the wind was blowing so hard that we could actually see the trees in our backyard (our house backs to a wooded area) beginning to bend. It turns out that there was a funnel shaped wind, supposedly a tornado was heading towards us over the hill. Luckily it barely missed us. Our power was out from 2:00 in the afternoon until 8:30p.m. I found out from my dad that the strong wind (tornado like winds) touched down near D.C., knocking down poles, trees, and rolling over cars. It's hard to believe anything like this would actually happen in D.C. Anyways, the weather caused a major black out in our area and all the surrounding areas. From what we heard on the news over 23,000 homes or even more were without power. Luckily our power came back up that night but many homes are still out without power. It was just horrifying watching the news as the weather casters were showing where the storm was affecting...it seems every county near us and up to Maryland was showing red on the map. It was such a scary sight walking outside as the storm passed us...the atmosphere were so different, the clouds were dark but the sun was still up. Everywhere was just a wierd yellow glow all around. I have never been in a tornado before...it was really scary and I hope to not see any again. Well, for a while anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://poshbabez.wordpress.com/
Mario800123
Growing Penguin
Growing Penguin
Mario800123

Number of posts : 85
Location : Ummmmm......hey! Why do you want to know??!! Spy!!!
Coins :
Tornado, Severe Storms Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Tornado, Severe Storms Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tornado, Severe Storms   Tornado, Severe Storms Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:57 pm

wow,that must be scary
Back to top Go down
http://paul28572.wordpress.com/
Grizzle Man
King Penguin
King Penguin
Grizzle Man

Number of posts : 564
Coins :
Tornado, Severe Storms Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Tornado, Severe Storms Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Tornado, Severe Storms   Tornado, Severe Storms Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:11 pm

I have never been in a Tornado before, but in Colorado, we have the 2nd most powerful and dangerous thunder storms.
Back to top Go down
http://grizzleman.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado, Severe Storms   Tornado, Severe Storms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tornado, Severe Storms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Site Forums :: Staff Blogs-
Jump to: